× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Drive Support for ReadyNAS RN10400

brucechidester
Aspirant

Drive Support for ReadyNAS RN10400

I need the drive compatibility list for a ReadyNAS RN10400.

I cannot find the listing at:

https://kb.netgear.com/20641/ReadyNAS-Hard-Disk-Compatibility-List

Netgear forgot about it on their list and do not want to PAY for support when they missed the model on their list. If someone can find the support I need on their page then I will eat crow and admit it is my fault.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@brucechidester wrote:

If someone can find the support I need on their page then I will eat crow and admit it is my fault.

Your NAS model is actually the RN104, which is listed in the model pulldown.  

If you are looking for mechanical drives (as opposed to SSDs), then I suggest ignoring the list, and just get NAS-purposed drives for your ReadyNAS - not desktop class drives.  Generally I recommend WDC Red Plus drives or Seagate Ironwolf.

I don't recommend the current WDC Red drives (EFAX models between 2 and 6 TB) because they are SMR drives, which can create problems in RAID arrays.

Enterprise class drives are another option, but IMO are overkill for an entry-level NAS like the RN104.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi brucechidester,

Welcome to the Community!

The ReadyNAS RN104 is in the dropdown when I checked it on my end.

rn104 hdd.png

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@brucechidester wrote:

If someone can find the support I need on their page then I will eat crow and admit it is my fault.

Your NAS model is actually the RN104, which is listed in the model pulldown.  

If you are looking for mechanical drives (as opposed to SSDs), then I suggest ignoring the list, and just get NAS-purposed drives for your ReadyNAS - not desktop class drives.  Generally I recommend WDC Red Plus drives or Seagate Ironwolf.

I don't recommend the current WDC Red drives (EFAX models between 2 and 6 TB) because they are SMR drives, which can create problems in RAID arrays.

Enterprise class drives are another option, but IMO are overkill for an entry-level NAS like the RN104.

Message 3 of 4
brucechidester
Aspirant

Knowing that RN10400 = RN104 was the issue...thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements