× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropbox and ReadyNAS 212 - how reliable?

rmdelatorre
Aspirant

Dropbox and ReadyNAS 212 - how reliable?

I'm considering "moving to the cloud" using Dropbox and ReadyNAS. 

My idea is to move all my files ReadyNAS (to have a local copy / backup), and connect it with my Dropbox Pro account, consolidating all my files. I have a bunch of personal files plus 150 Gb in personal photos and videos. 

On on my day-to-day computer, I'd have Dropbox to download only the relevant folders, saving space, while ReadyNAS / DropBox will be my deep archive. 

My question: how stable is DropBox on ReadyNAS? Is it trustworthy?

thanks, 

Rafael

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dropbox and ReadyNAS 212 - how reliable?

Hello rmdelatorre,

Dropbox on ReadyNAS backs up data from your ReadyNAS to your Dropbox account. From the local admin page, you can select a share on the ReadyNAS and sync it to a folder on your Dropbox account. Based in my experience, I have not encountered any problems so far.

The latest RAIDaitor 6.5.0 have this Dropbox moved to Cloud tab in the admin page.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dropbox and ReadyNAS 212 - how reliable?

Hello rmdelatorre,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements