× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropbox cannot connect to NAS

cooperbro3
Follower

Dropbox cannot connect to NAS

I have a ReadNas 422 version 6.10.1. My Nas is unable to to connect to my Personal Dropbox account. Steps to recreate issue: 1. Log into my ReadyCloud Admin page, and click on the "Cloud" tab. 2. I click on the DropBox On/Off icon to turn it on. A pop up box then says: "ReadyNAS Cloud Storage would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox" to which I click on "Allow". 3. It then says: "Redirecting your personal information to http: (gives my local IP which is correct) Please verify this is your NAS before proceeding. I click on Agree. 4. A new box pops up saying: "Redirecting please wait" for about 1 second and then closes the entire window down. Normally at this step, I SHOULD be able to choose which pathway and which folder I want it to sync with. I do NOT get that option. Trouble Shooting steps I have taken: 1. Rebooting manually, waiting 2 minutes and turning back on. 2. Using multiple browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and IE 3. Tried multiple different sign ons for Dropbox 4. Going into Dropbox and removing access, and re-adding access. 5.I have also contacted Dropbox support, to which they have stated this issue appears to be with ReadyNAS. 6. I have enabled Google Drive on my NAS to which it works fine. Issue is only DropBox. Please help.
Message 1 of 4

Re: Dropbox cannot connect to NAS

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

ReadyNAS Network Storage: Official NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cooperbro3,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you download the NAS system logs then send it to me? We will check what is causing the issue. You may upload it to a file-sharing site then send to me the download link via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cooperbro3,

Are you still experiencing the same issue on your NAS? You may just update this thread so we can assist you.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements