× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dropbox partially syncing

Widget82
Aspirant

Dropbox partially syncing

Hi,

I have a readyNAS Pro 6 with 5 2TB WD Red drives running firmware 6.10.2

I am trying to setup a sync with my dropbox business account - specifically the multimedia folder which is too large to have on a desktop machine (3TB of video and photos).

I have set up the sync once to sync the entire multimedi folder. It downloaded part of the folder and then made no progress beyond 13.8GB.

I know this dropbox folder is massive and will take a long time to download.

I then wiped that and started a new sync where I have 3 dropbox session set up for the 3 folders I have in the multimedia folder (repository/images/videos).

This has downloaded some of the files, but again the folder has stopped growing once it has got to 38GB this time.

I have had to turn dropbox off on the NAS today as it is slowing down my internet conneciton (which is approx 5mbps).

Thanks for the help in advance.

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

As discussed via PM, please check if the issue is fixed or not after assigning static DNS addresses to the NAS active interface.

If I remember correctly, the blue dot next to the Dropbox icon means that it is syncing.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

Welcome to the Community!

You can try first downloading the NAS system logs and check the dropbox.log. You might find some clues there on what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Widget82
Aspirant

Hi @JohnCM_S

I typed quite along reply and then lost it as the page wouldn't let me attach the log as a txt file....

The problem has not been resolved. It took me a while to work out that I needed to download the logs to see more detail rather than looking at the summary log in the web interface.

Basically it has been presenting a load of errors over the time I have been trying to get dropbox to sync on the NAS.

These include error codes:

In my most recent attempt to get it to sync it repeatedly returned this error:

Nov 07 06:09:03 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[3649]: E1107 06:09:03.048760 3683 CurlHttpClient.cpp:427] Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 07 06:34:39 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[3649]: Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 07 06:34:39 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[3649]: E1107 06:34:39.031913 3906 CurlHttpClient.cpp:427] Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file

I have turned dropbox back on in the cloud services section and will report what errors it comes up with during the day today.

Is there a way that I can attach the error log?

Thanks for any help.

Message 4 of 8
Widget82
Aspirant

So I have had dropbox activated on the ReadyNAS this afternoon for a few hours.

This is the log that I get from it:

Nov 14 11:45:51 PottingShedNAS systemd[1]: Started Dropbox 2 client for ReadyNAS.
Nov 14 13:42:39 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 14 13:42:41 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: E1114 13:42:38.655153 20817 CurlHttpClient.cpp:427] Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 14 13:46:09 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 14 13:46:10 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: E1114 13:46:09.243520 20843 CurlHttpClient.cpp:427] Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 14 13:46:11 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file
Nov 14 13:46:11 PottingShedNAS ng-csd[20815]: E1114 13:46:11.150558 20818 CurlHttpClient.cpp:427] Curl returned error code 18. Transferred a partial file

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

You can upload the complete system logs to file-sharing site then send me the download link via PM (private message) so we can check the complete logs.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

As discussed via PM, please check if the issue is fixed or not after assigning static DNS addresses to the NAS active interface.

If I remember correctly, the blue dot next to the Dropbox icon means that it is syncing.

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Widget82,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements