× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dropbox sync hangs - Firmware 6.7.5

sasdotcom
Aspirant

Dropbox sync hangs - Firmware 6.7.5

My ReadyNas 204  (firmware 6.7.5) still hangs on syncing with dropbox.

The total size of the folder is 185GB updating 19GB every day (max filesize is 2GB).

I have to restart it every 2/3 days, then it works but after some time hangs on again.

Connection to internet is optic fiber 100Mbit/s.

Any help wold be appreciated.

Thanks

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sasdotcom,

Please try adding 8.8.8.8 as secondary DNS in the admin page of the ReadyNAS and see if there is any difference.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sasdotcom,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
sasdotcom
Aspirant

Hello,

unfortunately it still hangs

prtscr1.png

Message 4 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sasdotcom,

Are you copying from the NAS to the DropBox Cloud? I'm not sure how you check this that shows it hangs but it could be because of the size of the files.

@sasdotcom wrote:

My ReadyNas 204  (firmware 6.7.5) still hangs on syncing with dropbox.

The total size of the folder is 185GB updating 19GB every day (max filesize is 2GB).

All files uploaded to your Dropbox must be smaller than your storage quota. For example, if your account has a storage quota of 2 GB, you can upload one 2 GB file or many files that add up to 2 GB. If you are over your storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing.

Is your storage qouta more than 2GB?

Regards,

Message 5 of 11
sasdotcom
Aspirant

hello, my dropbox is 1TB with 800Gb free, and i've always used it for backup purpose for 2 years syncing it trough windows pc. i just hoped to do the same with readynas without having to use a dedicated pc.

Best regards

Message 6 of 11
GuyA
Aspirant

We have the same issue. Files all less than 100MB, trying to upload 15GB but every week or so it just stops according to the Dropbox log. 

Is there any know fix for this ?

Many thanks

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 7 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sasdotcom,

Would it be possible for your to try BETA 6.8.0?

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
civean
Aspirant

Hi,

we have the same problem, after a couple of days of uploading our company share to Dropbox, the sync stops. (Yes, we have 1 TB space, and the synced files are 250 GB). Is there a way to restart the dropbox sync without toggling on/off in the admin interface (which means I have to re-add all sync tasks, slightly inconvienient).

We are trying to use Dropbox as external backup - so it is critical that all our files are available there and up-to-date - please fix this annoying bug!

Best

Christer Malmberg

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 9 of 11
GuyA
Aspirant

We scheduled an early hours reboot of the NAS each night which kick starts the Dropbox sync. It's not a fix but a workaround until the beta firmware is certified for general release.

Thanks
Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@GuyA wrote:
a workaround until the beta firmware is certified for general release.

6.8.0 is now released - though it might not be on the update services yet, it can be downloaded and manually installed.  You can get it from here: https://kb.netgear.com/000045831/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-8-0

It might be worth a shot.  The release notes don't say anything about dropbox, but I don't think the bug fix section is comprehensive.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements