× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo V1 Dead

chriscowanuk
Aspirant

Duo V1 Dead

My Duo V1 made a popping sound and went dead. Assume something has blown inside. I can probably cobble together a recovery from USB backup and offsite backup although the latter is out of date. The question I have is can the data from the disks which I assume are fine be recovered?
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: Duo V1 Dead

No, connect them to your Windows PC either with a Sata cable or a USB drive caddy

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you were using the default XRAID then R-Linux for Windows should be able to access the data volume from drive 1,

Message 2 of 9
chriscowanuk
Aspirant

Do I need another Duo V1 chassis to put the disks into?
Message 3 of 9
bedlam1
Prodigy

No, connect them to your Windows PC either with a Sata cable or a USB drive caddy

Message 4 of 9
chriscowanuk
Aspirant

I find I have another problem which is I can't get the disks out of the dead Duo V1, because you need power to unlock the disk enclosures!  Oh dear. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 9
bedlam1
Prodigy

I don't think so, are the levers locked (small tab slider at bottom of each)

See Page 11 HERE

Message 6 of 9
chriscowanuk
Aspirant

They look like they need power to me. Here's a picture.IMG_3982.JPG

Message 7 of 9
chriscowanuk
Aspirant

No problem I found a Youtube video that tells you how to do it with a paper clip!  So this particular problem solved.

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@chriscowanuk wrote:

No problem I found a Youtube video that tells you how to do it with a paper clip!  So this particular problem solved.

Yes, there are also some theads here on it - for instance here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Hardware-Compatibility/Stuck-Disk-Tray-on-ReadyNAS-Duo/m-p...  In my experience method "B" works best.

I'd like to add that your problem has nothing to do with power.  It was an issue with the older trays.  The newer trays with square release buttons don't have this particular problem.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements