× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo dropout with Samsung Series 7

krispyjim
Aspirant

Duo dropout with Samsung Series 7

Hi,

I am in need of some advice.... I have had my ReadyNas DUO for a year or so. I use it to stream MKV,AVI etc to my Samsung Series 7 television. In the last few months it's developed an issue where just randomly in the middle of streaming some content, the connection between the TV and the NAS simply drops out. Sometimes it can run for an hour or so before dropping and yet other times it can go 5 mins between successive dropouts.

I have the NAS plugged into the same switch as the TV (no wireless or anything like that) It's running RAIDiator 4.1.7. I recently installed the ReadyDLNA standard update addon 1.0.21, but this has made no difference.

Anyone have any pointers as to how I could start to troubleshoot this issue? ie - regarding the ReadyDLNA debug update package... could this help me to work out what the issue is?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
shem1
Aspirant

Re: Duo dropout with Samsung Series 7

I have only recently started using a samsung (5 series) with the readynas duo and one thing I have discovered which may be related to your post is if I'm streaming a movie, and I tell the nas to update it's index then the stream dropped out. I also noticed by default the index is set to update automatically.
Could it be the NAS updating the DLNA share indexes a times, sometimes your watching a movie, and sometimes you're fast asleep in bed?
Message 2 of 3
krispyjim
Aspirant

Re: Duo dropout with Samsung Series 7

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try.

Can somebody advise what purpose the 'Debug' packages serve are and how to use them?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements