× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EDA500 still running after main unit power off

msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

EDA500 still running after main unit power off

Hello,

My recently purchased EDA500 is plugged to my RN104 running 6.9.1 from stable channel. And once main unit is powered down via 'shut down' option in web front end - the fan in EDA500 is still running and front panel lights with Negear logo are still activated by proximity sensor if I will move my hand close enough. Is that expected behaviour or should this device spin down completly after main unit is powered off..?

Thank you for your help!

m

Model: EDA500|ReadyNAS Expansion Chassis 5-Bay,RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
Blanker-2
Guide

Mine spins down completely, though it does take a while.

Message 2 of 4
msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

It was still running after 6 or so hours after shutting down the main box...

Message 3 of 4
msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone?

I replaced the eSata cable to the original one - no luck. Or the device is somehow faulty or it is not working correctly with RN104. Based on content of other EDA500 related posts it seems like there was a list of compatible devices once available, but I can't find it now.

I re-created two single volumes I have at the moment and from the OS / NAS perspective all works nice and stable. One little thing I noticed is that only POWER and eSATA led are on when I wave my hand in the front of the device.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements