× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error 0x80004005 when access ReadyNAS on Windows 10

jpbuckley
Follower

Error 0x80004005 when access ReadyNAS on Windows 10

Hi,

I have seen this discussed before but the recommended solution doesn't work for me.

I have a customer with a Windows 10 Home PC, was accessing her ReadyNas fine last week, she has installed updates and now she gets the above code.

I have followed the instructions to change the LmCompatibilityLevel registry setting to 1 but this has not resolved the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Error 0x80004005 when access ReadyNAS on Windows 10

If IPv6 is enabled in the NAS, begin by disabling it.

Another common fix is to add the NAS credentials to the Windows credentials store.  To see if that is applicable, try the following test:

open CMD and enter 

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasipaddress\data /user:admin nasadminpassword

The first command closes any existing sessions - if it prompts then let it proceed.

The second command maps the NAS data volume to drive letter t.  Use the real NAS ip address and admin password of course.  If the NAS isn't using the default volume name (data), then change that to one of the actual data volumes.

If this works, then open the windows credentials manager, delete any credentials stored for the NAS, and then add new ones which use the correct credentials (which could be admin, or any other NAS user account).  

Message 2 of 3
c_pal
Aspirant

Re: Error 0x80004005 when access ReadyNAS on Windows 10

I just posted this in another thread Cannot aceess Readyshare folder. Error 0x80004005 - NETGEAR Communities and maybe this could help you:

"I had a similar issue for my work NAS. My supervisor had me edit a registry, rebooted and it immediately worked.

In regedit:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

Create a new DWORD called "AllowInsecureGuestAuth" and set the value to 1

after a reboot, worked like a charm. Hope this helps, took us forever to figure it out."

Good luck to you, other person frantically googling for the answer years later.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements