× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error making EXT3 filesystem on the USB device

StephenB
Guru

4.2.28 beta is available now (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=70385)

This problem looks like the "divide by 0" issue fixed in T5. If so, the beta fix was available last February.
Message 51 of 54
KILLI
Tutor

Given that the Beta 4.2.28 seems to be in development/test for several years now, is there a chance that it will make it into production stage?
Some of us are not so keen on using beta firmware, even if it fixes one critical issue; maybe it opens up several others...
Message 52 of 54
StephenB
Guru

They edit the beta announcements instead of creating new ones - so the initial posting date is not when the beta started (which was January 2015). So its not years... I've been running it for quite a while, and found it to be stable.

Netgear generally won't pre-announce their release plans, so the production date is anyone's guess.
Message 53 of 54
cenjui
Aspirant

I had the same fault adding a new internal volume on my NAS.

While the fix from mdgm worked, and thankyou for that, its really fustrating that it took a good bit of googling to find the answer and I've disposed of a disk that I suspect was perfectly fine as I couldn't get it to create a file system... Perhaps serious faults such as not being able to create new volumes should have a bot more publicity about them...

David.

Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 53 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements