× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error message when enabling ReadyDLNA on a share

martin_edney
Aspirant

Error message when enabling ReadyDLNA on a share

I'm setting up a new ReadyNAS 104 (I've been using a ReadyNAS duo for a few years). On the duo I used ReadyDLNA to serve videos and pictures to my TV, using a Sony SNMP-200 media box.

(I also use Logitech Media Server on the NAS to serve music to a number of Squeezeboxes).

Briefly, I'm getting the error message "Folder operation failed. Username is unknown. Unknown user (65535). Code: 1002020823" when configuring ReadyDLNA on one specific share through the ReadyNAS 0S6 web interface.

Rather than using the default shares (Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos) I wanted to replicate the set up on my duo, with all my content in a share called media.

I've set up the media share, copied the files from the duo to the 104, and all is working, apart from ReadyDLNA. I've enabled the ReadyDLNA service, but I found that no playable files were found when I tried to browse them using the Sony SNMP-200.

I concluded that ReadyDLNA wasn't looking in the right place, so to test this I put some music in the Music share, photos in the Pictures share, and video in the Video share, and then rescanned. Sure enough, the files I'd put in these 3 shares showed up and were playable - all well.

I then spotted that I needed to enable ReadyDLNA on my "media" share - I looked at the settings on the Music, Pictures and Video shares, and recplicated these on my "media" share using the web interface.

Finally I checked the file ownership settings of /data/media using SSH, and found that the owner of "media" was user "65534". "Great", I thought, "I've found the culprit". I changed /data/media this to "guest:guest" (i.e. user guest, group guest - same as the Music, Pictures and Video folders) using a chown command.

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error message when I try to enable ReadyDLNA on the "media" share through the ReadyDLNA web interface.

Short of admitting defeat, and moving my content to the shares that work, does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements