× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FTP access for existing home shares

phatben
Aspirant

FTP access for existing home shares

Hi,

I bought a Readynas NV+ a few days ago for work and am getting used to it. I have set up user level security and have about 6 existing accounts. I have heard that in order to use 'user' ftp access for iPhone Readynas Remote, the user needs to have FTP access to their own home share. I then managed to find the 'preferences' option in the drop down list in the top right of the 'Security' > 'User Groups and Accounts' screen. And have changed the 'Make home shares available over FTP' option to enabled. However, this only applies to the creation of new users and their home shares. Is there a way to apply the home share ftp access to accounts that already exist.

I have searched loads, but couldn't find an answer, so thanks in advance for your help.
Message 1 of 5
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Re: FTP access for existing home shares

Turning the option on should work for existing user accounts too. Try turning the FTP service off, then turning it back on.
Message 2 of 5
phatben
Aspirant

Hi Ewok,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried what you suggested but with no luck. I still can't FTP using readynas remote as one of the users I set up before turning this setting on. I can as admin, but not as a user. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ben
Message 3 of 5
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

You're not actually trying to use FTP then? You might want to ask on the ReadyNAS Remote forum.
Message 4 of 5
phatben
Aspirant

I know I'm not trying to use FTP in itself, but the readynas remote on iOS depends on FTP and I thought this would have been the best place to ask about FTP folder permission problems. Thanks for having a think about though, I'll try the other section of the forum.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements