× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Factory Reset RN102

ShadowStorm
Aspirant

Factory Reset RN102

Started having problems with the RN102 Nas and it not being detected ofter installing the OS6, thought that the OS might be corrupted or did not install propperly so tried to reinstall the OS with the latest one but no luck, as I had everying backup off site factory reset was alright to do but this is were im stuck now the power light and act are solid blue, and cant seem to find any information on this and what it means or what to do at this point.

Model: RN102

Firmware: Unknown

Drives: WD RED WD20EFRX (X2)

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Factory Reset RN102

If you aren't seeing it RAIDar (when diskless), that does suggest a hardware failure.

Have you checked your warranty status?  The warranty is 3 years for the original purchaser.  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What status is RAIDar giving you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 9
ShadowStorm
Aspirant

It's done the same thing before the factory reset and not showing up on the network and RAIDar.

Im thinking there is a hardware failure but i just want to make sure before getting a new NAS and seeing that it has no display ports i cant phisicaly look at whats wrong

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Try booting up diskless, and see if RAIDar can find it when you do that.

Message 4 of 9
ShadowStorm
Aspirant

Just tried that and its not showing up on RAIDar nor on the local network, at the moment after starting it up the Power Light and Disk1&2 alternating.

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

If you aren't seeing it RAIDar (when diskless), that does suggest a hardware failure.

Have you checked your warranty status?  The warranty is 3 years for the original purchaser.  

Message 6 of 9
ShadowStorm
Aspirant

Well if its a hardware failure theres really not much I can do about it.

Although its funny that this happend 1 month after the warrenty expires.

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Are you seeing any status LEDs on the ethernet ports (both the NAS and the router/switch ends).  It's probably worth trying a different cable, and perhaps a different port in the router/switch.

Message 8 of 9
ShadowStorm
Aspirant

Yes there is an LED status on the port diffrent cable and switch where used still nothing.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements