× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

jeffreydb
Aspirant

Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

I keep getting the error 'Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration' with code 24001020002 when i try to open the settings from a share via the frontview.

Also the ReadyCloud settings are disabled, and I can not change anything here (greyed out).

I've already updated my netgear account to a new readycloud sso account, but I guess the ReadyNAS is failing to update this account.

readycloud.log shows ACCESS DENIED errors at upgradeusertosso operation.

Also an error reagrding reading xagent_id from opt/xcloud/etc/xagent.conf occurs.

I saw some old posts here where users had to reset the readynas. But I rather see a solution which does not involve a factory reset.

I'm running the latest firmware (6.6.1)

Any help appriciated!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jeffreydb,

Can you reboot first then access the admin page and try to enable again ReadyCloud?

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I've already rebooted the nas several times.

I've also did a scrub, defrag and balance at the maintenance tab.

Unfortunately didn't these actions fix the error.

Message 3 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jeffreydb,

Can you please post some screen captures?

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

Hereby a screenshot of the error:

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-20 om 21.17.58.png

And here a screensshot of the disabled buttons of the ReadyCloud settings:

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-20 om 21.18.27.png

I've found two topics where users have the same error as me:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Folder-operations-failed/m-p/1137512#M115374

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/RN214-Error-since-6-6-0-Failed-to-read-cloud-ow...

Also, I have inspected the js from the FrontView, and somehow the ReadyCloud buttons are disabled by the function disableButtons (except for the settings button, where I can fill the proxy settings -> changing these doen't help either) at line 85261. The currentState var is filled with UNAVAILABLE in function p2pStatusPolling at line 85284.

Regards.

Message 5 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jeffreydb,

It could mean that the home shares in that home folder are from ReadyCloud users. How many ReadyCloud users did you join to the NAS when this was still working? We had a ReadyCloud outage on Mar 30 and there were users that got affected. Did your ReadyCloud users store important data to their home folder in the NAS?

Before you do anything, please see this FYI.

Regards,

Message 6 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I did not invite any other ReadyCLOUD users. I only activated my own account. The nas is for personal use only.

Also, I did not (as far as I know) assigned folders to (readycloud) users. Every share I made, can be accessed anonymously. Only the default folder is owned by the ReadyNAS admin user.

So I didn't lost any files or folder.

Thanls for the link, I will dig into it.

Regards. 

Message 7 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jeffreydb,

Each local user and ReadyCloud user get their own home share that only them and the account that has admin right will be able to see. Did you store any important files to the home share of the ReadyCloud account you used when you enabled ReadyCloud before? Because if you no then you may try leaving ReadyCloud from the admin page and then turn it back on. But if you think you might lose some important files, I suggest you check on the article on the bottom of the FYI.

Regards,

Message 8 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Most of the times I stored the files locally, and used ReadyCloud only to read the files remotely.

So I will try to leave the ReadyCloud account.

But where can I do this? I don't see any options in the frontview to leave readycloud.

Message 9 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@jeffreydb wrote:

Most of the times I stored the files locally, and used ReadyCloud only to read the files remotely.

So I will try to leave the ReadyCloud account.

But where can I do this? I don't see any options in the frontview to leave readycloud.

You turn it off and then on again on the cloud tab.

Message 10 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jeffreydb,

Can you send system logs, please and include the link to this thread with short summary that you are not able to enable ReadyCloud on the admin page?

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

StephenB, part of my problem is that the ReadyCLOUD on/off button is disabled. So I can not deactivate/activate it.

JennC, I've emailed my log files, thanks!

Regards. 

Message 12 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you use home folders for your ReadyCLOUD Users?

If not, then leave ReadyCLOUD and try joining it again.

Message 13 of 14
jeffreydb
Aspirant

Hi mdgm,

Via the frontview of the nas, I am not able to leave ReadyCLOUD. All the buttons are disabled.
Only the proxy settings are available.

Or should I try to unregister my account at the ReadyCLOUD portal, and create a new one?

Regards.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements