× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fan 1 Failed (-22prm)

hoodeeni
Aspirant

Fan 1 Failed (-22prm)

Hello

Just purchased a new ReadyNAS 4200 [X-RAID2], Firmware: RAIDiator 4.2.15

Straight away it was logging 'Fan 3 Failed messages although I could see all fans showing rpm > 4000 on the bottom status indicator in RAIDar.

Found a Patch 'Fix_4200_Fan_3_1.0-x86.bin' which I installed and the Fan 3 message has gone to be replaced with 'Fan 1 has failed (-22 rpm)' - I didnt see this message before the update.

Fan indicators show:
Fan CPU: 3013rpm
FAN SYS 1: 5113rpm
FAN SYS 2: 5113rpm
FAN SYS 3: 5113rpm

Temp 1: 36C / 96F
Temp 2: 43C / 109F

Why am I having these issues on Brand New Kit?

Regards

Michael
Message 1 of 3
hoodeeni
Aspirant

Re: Fan 1 Failed (-22prm)

Thanks for all the wonderfull help that I have received in the last 26 hours (NOT)

I have fixed it myself.

On spending hours trolling the Netgear website I found new firmware (4.2.17) & also new RAIDar (4.3.2)
Updated the firmware of the ReadyNAS, this didnt work as it should as it refused to shut down gracefully to complete the update. Had to keep my finger on the power button to get the damn thing to power off. After the update I had the old messages flashing up about FAN 3 so did the FAN 3 update and the problem has now cleared.

To help everyone the 'Basic Setup & Configurations' booklet should advise new users to visit a webpage and make sure your device firmware is fully up-to-date before going any further and also to highlight known issues.

Hope this helps someone!

Regards
Message 2 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Fan 1 Failed (-22prm)

I saw your message yesterday, but did not respond as I do not have any experience with a 4200. (Nor any rack mount unit). You do know that you have 90 days of free technical support by phone. That is usually stated in the manual.

Your system should have alerted you to the presence of a newer version of RAIDiator (the OS) and RAIDar should have alerted you to the presence of a newer version of it as well.

I am glad you got it working. The vast majority of the members of the forum are users as you are. The few Netgear members who are part of the development staff have their names in red and are referred to the Jedi. (Starwars is alive and well on this forum).
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements