× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 6.6.0 & 6.6.1 error in Diag report from Raidar

rimmerhg
Aspirant

Firmware 6.6.0 & 6.6.1 error in Diag report from Raidar

After Firmware 6.6.0 and 6.6.1 the text below is reported in the Diagnostics report from RAIDar

Dated and timed at ever boot:-

• home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway.

This only appeared after update to 6.6.0 from 6.5.2 units running 6.5.2 or 6.5.1 do not report this error only devices running 6.6.x

NAS Sytems are working correctly.

Any ideas as I do not want to update my other 8 production boxes until I understand the implications of this error.

Regards,

rimmerhg

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Firmware 6.6.0 & 6.6.1 error in Diag report from Raidar

We don't have an ETA yet.  But those warnings can be safely ignored.  If you'd prefer fixing it up from the command line, I can post instructions.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rimmerhg,

Did you get a screenshot of the diagnostic message you have encountered?  If yes, kindly post it.  

Since you mentioned the NAS is working correctly by the time you have encountered the diagnostic message, what is the model of the NAS you are referring to?  Is it still working just fine as of now?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
rimmerhg
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN314 4x 1TB WD RED Raid 6 This is a copy of the screen data...... Successfully completed diagnostics System Logs 2017-01-15 11:18:27: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-15 07:00:41: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-14 14:20:18: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-14 07:00:42: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-13 20:29:43: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-13 18:30:57: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. 2017-01-13 18:26:16: home.mount: Directory /home to mount over is not empty, mounting anyway. This was obtained by clicking on the diagnostics button on the RAIDar app The unit has firmware 6.6.1 and this error only appears when the unit has booted the times correspond to power on times. This has only appeared on my 6.6.x units after the 6.6.x update my other 314 units running 6.5.x do not show it only my 6.6.x units. The unit is working fine I just checked after the upgrade as this is good practise after upgrade so I can record it in the change logs for my clients. Can anyone advise or is this a bug introduced in 6.6.x firmware. (Is it something I should be concerned about ? as I would like to update my 10 production 314 & 316 Units to 6.6.x Kind regards, rimmerhg

Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This means that at some point the /home mount point was not mounted but the system wrote some data under /home anyway so there's some data on the root volume that should be on the data volume.

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 4 of 11
rimmerhg
Aspirant

Logs sent to mgdm

Thank you

Message 5 of 11
bedlam1
Prodigy

I am also seeing this on my Pro 4 running OS 6.6.1

Message 6 of 11
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

It's not actually a new issue -- it's just an additional diagnostic test that was added in 6.6.1.  It's most likely just am empty /home/admin directory on the root filesystem, which is harmless except for this message.  It'll be cleaned up automatically in the next firmware release.

Message 7 of 11
rimmerhg
Aspirant

Thank you for this information, when is the next firmware date approximately scheduled for ?

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 11
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

We don't have an ETA yet.  But those warnings can be safely ignored.  If you'd prefer fixing it up from the command line, I can post instructions.

Message 9 of 11
bedlam1
Prodigy

@Skywalker wrote:

Yes please

Message 10 of 11
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

# mount --bind / /mnt
# rmdir /mnt/home/*
# umount /mnt
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies