× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Folder is not being created - ReadyNAS 2120v2

ravens0610
Aspirant

Folder is not being created - ReadyNAS 2120v2

I am trying to create a new folder.  I click on the new folder icon, fill in the appropriate fields and click on OK.  The ReadyNAS takes about 1 minute, where it looks like it is creating the folder, however the folder is not created.  I have logged off and logged back on and still no folder.  I restarted the ReadyNAS and still no folder.  I receive no error message and the logs do not show any entry about creating the folder or failing to create the folder.  Basically, I receive no information at all about the folder.  Please help.  I am stumped.  I have nothing to go on to solve this issue.

Model: ReadyNAS 2120v2

Firmware: 6.9.3

Thanks,

ravens0610

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Folder is not being created - ReadyNAS 2120v2

Hi ravens0610,

Have you tried clearing the web cache or tried using different web browser?

You can also try updating the firmware to 6.9.4 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John, thank you for your response.

I am using Chrome.  I completely cleared the browsing history, got out of Chrome, and got back in, and tried again.  Again, no folder was created, even though all signs pointed to the folder being created (i.e. no error message and the thin blue line goes across the top of the screen for about 30 seconds before going away).

I then used IE (v10) and the exactly same thing happens, meaning no error message and the thin blue line goes across the top of the screen acting of as something is happenning; but still no folder is created.

I checked into upgrading the firmware; however, when I click on the link that says 'Check system updates', I receive the following message (parapharasing): Do not need a firmware update, currently running the latest firmware.

Ughhhh ... still stumped.

ravens0610

Message 3 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ravens0610,

Can you download system logs and then provide it to us? You can upload it to a file sharing site and then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John,

I tried twice to download the logs and both times, it appears that the NAS is not responding.  The request timed out both times.  So, I took a snipping tool picture of the logs from now back to last Thursday, September 6.

Question #1:  Should I include the picture as attachment?  I don't believe there is any sensitive data in the picture.

Question #2: If I don't include the picture as an attachment and I move it to a file sharing site, how to do I PM you the link?

Thanks,

ravens0610

Message 5 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John,

Some more information that I just noticed.  It appears that the NAS is not responding when I try to create the folder.  I'll explain .. when I went to try to download the logs, (using Chrome) I kept seeing the phrase 'waiting for <name of NAS>' flashing in the lower left corner of the screen.  Eventually, the request to download the logs timed out.  Just now for grins and giggles, I tried to create the folder again and I noticed that the phrase 'waiting for <name of NAS>' flashing in the lower left hand corner of screen ... so my thinking is that the NAS is not responding to the request to create the folder and eventually timing out.  Hopefully, this helps.

Thanks,

ravens0610

Message 6 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ravens0610,

Do you have RAIDar installed on your computer? You may try downloading the logs through there.

You can just PM me the logs after downloading it. For PM, you can just click the envelope icon on the upper right hand portion of the page.

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John,

I did try RAIDar; however, after the download progress bar stayed stationary for about 5 minutes, showing 0% downloaded, it finally timed out and gave the message 'Download process failed'.

Today, I went to try to access a folder and I couldn't even do that.  I waited for the contents of the folder to be displayed; however, it finally timed out and nothing was displayed.

I believe I am heading to a factory reset.  I will let you know.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 8 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ravens0610,

It will be best if you can try first contacting support so they can check the issue further. They will most likely request to enable the remote diagnostic on the NAS so they can access it remotely and investigate it.

Regards,

Message 9 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John,

I am checking now; but, I don't believe we have tech support for this NAS.  I believe the tech support lasped and it was not renewed.  I am checking and will let you know.

Thanks,

ravens0610

Message 10 of 12
ravens0610
Aspirant

John,

I checked and support is no longer on the NAS.  I am going to perform a factory reset on the NAS.  Then I will re-create the shares and all of the sub-folders and add the new folders I wanted to create in the first place.

Thank you for your help, support, suggestions and concern.

sla0610

Message 11 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ravens0610,

No worries. You may just update the thread if you will still have issues after doing the factory reset.

Regards,

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements