× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Front view does not load any more

Stevenup
Guide

Re: Front view does not load any more

Hi StephenB,

i can report back that the NAS is back to its original performance and works as intended with all data and configurations as it was prior to this incident. 

i have exectued all the 'echo' comand lines you listed - after doint this i initiated an OS reinstall - and let the system start up. after all of that i was able to access front view again. I then did updated the firm ware to the latest X.16 version. now the system is currently resyncing and i have cleard all the logs via front view. 

Do you have any advise on the best way to check the hard drives for any perfomance problems ? I dont have an external device to to this but is there a fuction in the front view which does provide a good check of the peformanc of the HD? both HD have been replaced last year and should be in good nick but i have my suspicions. 

thanks gain for your help and support to get this NAS fixet - it is a great system and i love it. its been working so well for so many years, i might have to consider to upgrade it sometime, but for now i am happy its back on !

cheers, Steven 

Message 26 of 27
StephenB
Guru

Re: Front view does not load any more

@Stevenup wrote:

i can report back that the NAS is back to its original performance and works as intended with all data and configurations as it was prior to this incident. 

thanks gain for your help and support to get this NAS fixet - it is a great system and i love it. its been working so well for so many years, i might have to consider to upgrade it sometime, but for now i am happy its back on !

I'm glad I was able to help. Smiley Happy

@Stevenup wrote:

... but is there a function in the front view which does provide a good check of the peformance of the HD? ...

Unfortunately there isn't.  You could enable ssh access on your NAS (there is an add-on for that).  Then you could log in using ssh (without doing all the tech support commands), and use the smartctl utility to run a test on each disk.

Automating that (testing each disk on a schedule, and reporting success/failure) is on my own to-do list, but it will take a while for it to bubble to the top. 

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements