× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FrontView won't save any settings Case Number: 19776088

zioncres
Aspirant

FrontView won't save any settings Case Number: 19776088

FrontView is not saving any settings, including a restart command. I've done an OS Reinstall from the Boot Menu. I've searched around and it looks like people have experienced this before and it's caused by the 4GB boot partition being full. Unfortunately, I didn't see any instructions on how to fix it other than open a case with support (which I've already done).

If anyone has any idea, I'm open to it. I've already tried installed EnableSSH but it won't take the add-on either.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FrontView won't save any settings Case Number: 19776088

Work with support on this issue. It does sound like the OS partition is full or an important configuration file is corrupt or some other problem like that.

You really need expert assistance from NetGear tech support to get this issue fixed.

They would need remote access to your unit.

Familiarise yourself with the NetGear Remote Access Policy: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/misc/netgear_remote_access_policy

Also they would need the NAS in tech support mode: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu

They would also need the 5-digit ID shown in RAIDar and/or on the display on the front of the NAS (put the ID and the acceptance of the NetGear Remote Access Policy in your support case)

Hopefully a NetGear rep will notice this thread and get this escalated soon.
Message 2 of 6
zioncres
Aspirant

I can't find the 5-digit ID in Raidar unless you're referring to the FW version. The only other info in Raidar is the MAC address and IP. I've already updated the case that I opened with the remote access policy acknowledgement.

How does support work? Will they contact me via phone/email to schedule a time to coordinate? I assume they'll need me to put it in Tech Support mode via Boot Option.
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

To get the 5 digit ID the NAS would need to be in Tech Support Mode. Clearly having the unit in tech support mode would be the only way they're going to get remote access to the unit.
Message 4 of 6
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I have poked support to contact you.
Message 5 of 6
zioncres
Aspirant

Thank you! Got an email from support earlier. I just provided the 5-digit debugger ID and accepted the agreement again. Hopefully,they will remote in and fix the issue soon.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements