× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview Disappearing (Radiator 4.1.8)

Bobs_One
Aspirant

Frontview Disappearing

Hi: I have been running my NV+ for several years now with no problems. Recently (last couple of weeks) Frontview keeps disappearing. I can access all of the shares, everything seems to be working well and RADAR shows all green lights, but when I try to access Frontview from my browser, I get a "Cannot Establish A Connection" Error message. I then have to reboot the NV+ after which FrontView works for maybe a day and then "goes away" again.

The Frontview error.log file reads:

Woodview-NAS:~# tail /var/log/frontview/error.log
[Wed Mar 28 21:20:49 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/ 0.9.8e DAV/2 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Mar 28 21:21:34 2012] [error] [client 192.168.123.100] /frontview/lib/messa ge_handler.cgi: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (r equired by /frontview/lib/message_handler.cgi), referer: https://192.168.123.101 /admin/
[Thu Mar 29 06:25:37 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE) at /frontview/lib/Frontview.pm line 2.
Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE) at /frontview/lib/get_handler.pm line 2.
[Thu Mar 29 09:08:30 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/ 0.9.8e DAV/2 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Mar 29 10:12:39 2012] [error] [client 192.168.123.100] /frontview/lib/messa ge_handler.cgi: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (r equired by /frontview/lib/message_handler.cgi), referer: https://192.168.123.101 /admin/
[Fri Mar 30 06:25:41 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

Which means nothing to me. What can I do?
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Frontview Disappearing

Any add-ons installed?

What version of RAIDiator?
Message 2 of 9
Bobs_One
Aspirant

I had installed transmission, but uninstalled it after a day or two - can't remember if this was before the problem occurred (I think maybe it was). Apart from that SSH is installed and I think that's it.

It' Radiator 4.1.8
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Perhaps try an OS Re-install (see the boot menu in the FAQ)
Message 4 of 9
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

Bobs_One, I agree with mdgm, please perform an OS reinstall of the unit, and see if the issue persists.
Message 5 of 9
Fredke
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.

I re-installed the OS from the boot menu and still the same problem.

Raidar reports the unit working fine with Raidiator 4.1.8. I can SSH to the unit just fine. I can browse CIFS shares via Windows Explorer. The only thing I can't do is access FrontView on my browser.

If it's relevant, here's the tail of /var/log/frontview/error.log

Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE) at (eval 3) line 3.
[Fri Apr 06 12:47:28 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8e DAV/2 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9~bpo31+1 SVN/1.4.2 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Apr 06 12:48:42 2012] [notice] child pid 4600 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Fri Apr 06 12:48:45 2012] [notice] child pid 4768 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
Message 6 of 9
f_at_lo
Aspirant

Frontview Disappearing (Radiator 4.1.8)

I found this thread as I have a similar or the same problem:

(1) can access shares from Windows PC
(2) can connect to new shares on NAS from Windows PC
(3) see the NAS in RAIDar with all lights green and Radiator 4.1.8
(4) I can PING the NAS

But when I want to enter FrontView through RAIDar, the brouwser comes back with "cannot display this webpage" (this is a rough translation of my German error message).

The last thing I did was disconnect an USB-disk after a backup-operation. When I refreshed the page the "waiting" indicator (little indicator going around in a circle) appeared and did not go away. Refreshing the webpage produced the above error. Closing and reopening the brouwser does not help.

Has the web-server crashed? I guess I will have to restart the unit and see. Now that I think of it, I lost FrontView a couple of times in the past and it reappeared after reboot ...

I will now do a restart and an OS-reinstall.
Message 7 of 9
f_at_lo
Aspirant

Frontview Disappearing - continued

I did the factory reinstall. The unit is back online and Raidar says it is running Radiator 4.1.7 now/again.
Maybe 4.1.8 did not install correctly last time?
So, I will try again to upgarde to 4.1.8 ...
Message 8 of 9
f_at_lo
Aspirant

Frontview Disappearing - continued

... update went well (according to FrontViews system log).
When I try to download the zipped logfiles ... the explorer returns with "cannot display webpage".
After this, Radiator is no longer able to open the Frontview panel :shock:

Edit: And it gets worse: the ReadyNAS does not respond to shutdown-command via power button ... at least not by telling me about it on the LCD display. Or maybe by telling me and not swithching on the back lighting so that I can see the message. Now the system has shut down and I can press power to restart.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements