× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview ftp backup to egnyte not working

bar_cyjtexas_or
Aspirant

Frontview ftp backup to egnyte not working

I work for a summer camp and we take many photos daily. We are currently using Egnyte local cloud and it seems like that there is too much data and not enough hours in the day to upload all of the photos to Egnyte servers. I was trying to connect to egnytes ftp to backup few important folders that we want to backup daily but currently the software is "stuck" on the photos folder.

I can connect to the egnyte ftp using FileZilla but when i try to connect using Front View i get the following error "Error connecting to ftp-"mydomainname".egnyte.com"

Any suggestions on how to make this work? I am using ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Edition and RAIDiator 4.2.17
Message 1 of 7
rram
Aspirant

Re: Frontview ftp backup to egnyte not working

Hi Bar -Thanks for posting this. Since this is more of an Egnyte issue than a Netgear issue, I went ahead and logged an issue in the Egnyte helpdesk (ticket # is 48295 and you are setup as the requester). I will have our support team respond to gather some more information from you there so we can help with this. thanks, rajesh
Message 2 of 7
bar_cyjtexas_or
Aspirant

rajesh,

Thanks for doing that. According the Egnyte no one ever tried to setup a backup using the FTP and they are researching why it doesn't work. They are somewhat throwing it back on Netgear saying they are not too sure how to make it work. That why i figured it won't hurt and check if anyone was successful doing this.

Thanks,

Bar
Message 3 of 7
rram
Aspirant

Bar - Correct, we have not seen a request from customers for the FTP from the NAS. Therefore, i am now directly working with our contacts at Netgear to see what the problem is.
thanks, rajesh
Message 4 of 7
rram
Aspirant

Bar - Are you using the Backup Manager in FrontView to trigger the FTP connection? - thx
Message 5 of 7
bar_cyjtexas_or
Aspirant

I went to Backup/Add a New Backup Job
And used the same credentials that were provided me. Also tried to used the "$" sign instead "@" - user$domain

Bar
Message 6 of 7
rram
Aspirant

Thanks Bar. We are working with the Netgear team to figure this out, will get back to you with findings. thanks,
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements