× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview not opening, missing apachectl

zorglub1
Aspirant

Frontview not opening, missing apachectl

Hello,

I had a power outage. Then the filesystem check would not complete. I ended up having to reboot my ReadyNAS NV+ several times until it successfully completed.

When the ReadyNAS finally booted I noticed that I had access to all my shares but Frontview would just not open at all. Luckily I had SSH installed. I saw that apache was not running so I did:

znas:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting web server: apache2env: /usr/sbin/apache2ctl: No such file or directory
failed!

For some reason the file apache2ctl does not exist anymore on my NAS ! I found the proper command to start apache in another thread:

/usr/sbin/apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf -t && /usr/sbin/apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf -k graceful

This command works and I am now able to access Frontview. How can I repair apache2ctl so that apache is started automatically should my ReadyNAS restart? Can someone send me the content of their apachectl?

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Frontview not opening, missing apachectl

Have you done an OS reinstall?
Why firmware are you on?
Do you have backup?
Message 2 of 4
zorglub1
Aspirant

vandermerwe wrote:
Have you done an OS reinstall?
Why firmware are you on?
Do you have backup?

Based on your reply I realized that Frontview allows me to do a re-install of 4.1.14 even though it is already installed. I did that and this solved my problem. My ReadyNAS rebooted and Apache started, so I guess apachectl got re-installed.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is an OS Re-install boot menu option, but as you found installing 4.1.14 over the top of itself via Frontview also works.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements