× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview reporting and exorbitant amount of spaced used for a specific share

EKroboter
Apprentice

Frontview reporting and exorbitant amount of spaced used for a specific share

Hi,

I've realized something kind of strange yesterday, a specific share in frontview is showing about 16777216 TB of used space. I understand this is a bug in frontview as a du -sh in SSH reports the correct size for the share (about only 100 MB). I have performed a balance, a defrag and a 15 hour long scrub on the volume and it still shows up as it has consumed 16 Exabytes of data. Any ideas?

It's a RN516 running ReadyNAS 6.9.1

Update: I also deleted all the snapshots for that share, but the error continues. 

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Frontview reporting and exorbitant amount of spaced used for a specific share

@EKroboter wrote:

Any idea what may have happened? 

No, sorry.  I have seen this posted once before, but I don't recall any diagnosis on the cause.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Frontview reporting and exorbitant amount of spaced used for a specific share

Try copying the share contents to a new share, and then delete the old.  You can then rename the new one to match the original name.

Message 2 of 4
EKroboter
Apprentice

Yeah, that's exactly what I ended up doing. It's now reporting the correct disk usage. Any idea what may have happened? 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@EKroboter wrote:

Any idea what may have happened? 

No, sorry.  I have seen this posted once before, but I don't recall any diagnosis on the cause.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements