× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frozen ReadyNas 316

Nobaker96
Aspirant

Frozen ReadyNas 316

I have a readynas 316 with 6 - 6TB drives. everything was running fine until a few weeks ago. I lost network connectivity. When I tried using the front panel to restart the device, it did not work.  I used the power button to cycle the device. It came back up and appeared to be working fine. I used the application to check for updates, but none were needed. I used the application to cycle the device and everything came back without issue.   Two weeks later it happened again. This time I was not lucky. I followed the same steps listed above with the exception of it did not come back up. The attached image is how it is frozen. I removed my drives, and inserted a drive I could afford to play with, and tried doing a factory restore and a USB boot.  Neither of these worked.  Any suggestions?

#readynas316

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Frozen ReadyNas 316

@Nobaker96 wrote:

I removed my drives, and inserted a drive I could afford to play with, and tried doing a factory restore and a USB boot.  Neither of these worked. 

Did you get to the boot menu?  Or was that not possible?

Message 2 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Does RAIDar show the NAS at all?  One possibility here is the power supply, but it's a bit early to jump to that conclusion.  It's not an issue I've seen with the 300 or 500 series supply, but they are getting older.

Message 3 of 6
Nobaker96
Aspirant

I got nothing. I have done it several times with no success.

Message 4 of 6
Nobaker96
Aspirant

Nothing shows in RAIDAR, my router, or any type of network connectivity that I have tried.

Message 5 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Since the 3 16 does have an HDMI port, I suggest you hook up a monitor and see if you see any clues during boot.  Mostly, see if it's even getting past POST.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements