× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Full recovery

maul
Aspirant

Full recovery

My apologies if this has been answered before; I searched but did not find anything that addresses how to do a complete recovery from start to finish.

I'm swapping out my spinning platter disks and replacing them with SSD. Because the SSD is smaller than the previous HDD (1tb spinning, 512gb solid) I can't just swap them out one at a time and rebuild (as far as I know).

Instead I made full backups of the data directory and the configuration. I've been able to recover the full configuration (except for the hostname, that had to be manually changed). But I see no way to set up a recovery job that restores all shares and the home directories.

I can individually recover each share (although that will be time consuming, I'd rather kick off a single process) but I see no way of recovering the home directories; I can't select home as a destination for the recovery process.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You will need to get the users to login and then get them to manually copy the data across to their new home share.

The ordinary shares will need to be restored individually too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You will need to get the users to login and then get them to manually copy the data across to their new home share.

The ordinary shares will need to be restored individually too.

Message 2 of 3
maul
Aspirant

Okay, good to know I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements