× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GUI Settings won't Update

mbevacqua
Aspirant

GUI Settings won't Update

I can no longer update settings for the ReadyNAS through the web GUI.  Any time I make a change and click "apply" it will ignore the requested changes and reset all settings on the page to defaults.  This started when I tried to edit a backup job.  I made my changes and clicked "apply".  The backup job disapeared.  I tried to disable and reneable the RSYNC service.  After I disabled it and clicked apply, all services except HTTP were disabled.  None can be reactivated.  I rebooted the device with no change in the results.  I tried to update the firmware but no buttons (backup, update, shutdown, etc..) will work from the GUI.  I reinstalled the OS from the boot menu.  No change in the symptoms resulted, except in addition to the password and network setting being reset, the one remaining service (HTTP) was also disabled.  I now have no access to my disks, any thoughts on how I can get this device working again?  It seemed like a browser issue, but I've tried multiple versions.  I've also done the memory check from the boot menu,

Thanks in advance,

Model: ReadyNASRNDX4210|ReadyNAS NVX
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mbevacqua
Aspirant

I figured it out..... The system volume was full.  It looked like a backup job was saving files to it.  Not sure why that would be, but I deleted a directory called "Job_04" that had a bunch of my old files.  That reduced the volume usage from 100% down to 13%. 

Basic Steps were:

Start in Debug mode via "reset" button

Telnet into device

Start raid controller

Mount system volume to sysroot

Poke around in sysroot to find big things to delete

Restart device

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sounds like a full root volume. Which model do you have?

Message 2 of 4
mbevacqua
Aspirant

It is an NVX 4210. I've seen some mention of this, but I don't know how I would check or fix that condition. It shows no logs stored on the device. I am definitely getting close to data capacity.
Message 3 of 4
mbevacqua
Aspirant

I figured it out..... The system volume was full.  It looked like a backup job was saving files to it.  Not sure why that would be, but I deleted a directory called "Job_04" that had a bunch of my old files.  That reduced the volume usage from 100% down to 13%. 

Basic Steps were:

Start in Debug mode via "reset" button

Telnet into device

Start raid controller

Mount system volume to sysroot

Poke around in sysroot to find big things to delete

Restart device

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos