× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Garbage products

CPNY80
Follower

Garbage products

just doesnt work never has, i can never log in, the whole thing is garbage. waste of a few hundred bucks. apple is easy. should have bought a crapple product. junk junk junk

Model: ReadyNASRND2210|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Garbage products

@CPNY80 wrote:

just doesnt work never has, i can never log in, the whole thing is garbage. waste of a few hundred bucks. apple is easy. should have bought a crapple product. junk junk junk

Or maybe you should have purchased a current model instead of one that was discontinued several years ago (assuming listed model number is correct).  Since you obviously purchased it used, you may have purchased junk -- but not because it was built as such.  Or, there could be an operator headspace issue.

You are likely having trouble because of increased security implemented on SMB (Windows network protocol) and HTTPS in the years since that NAS was a current model.  There are work-arounds for them.  But without details and an attitude adjustment, you're unlikely to get any assistance.

But I'll give you the first clue:  You can't do anything without a hard drive installed.

Message 2 of 4
walshlink
Luminary

CPNY80...I typically don’t go out of my way to call someone an *******, but you are definitely one. The NETGEAR engineers and software developers have gone above and beyond to make sure older hardware would work with newer OS software even if it is not official supported. My 9+ year old ReadyNAS is running just fine. Next time, ask a question, make a suggestion...or just stick with Apple products that are obsolete after 2-3 years and stop cluttering up the forum with your garbage posts.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@walshlink Hurry up - Apple does abandon the "simple" (trust me: hard or not manageable) routers and storage devices -  AirPort Extreme, AirPort Time Capsule and AirPort Express were mostly ignored by Apple and devices are only available as long as supplies last. Support is retained for five years.

If it would be so easy to be in this router and storage market, Apple would have continued to bring up2date systems and K.I.S.S. in the way you expect it. Obviously it's not as easy as you draw the blue skies picture on your little Apple cloud.

Ref. ReadyCloud - this is the section you posted in: ReadyCloud does require ReadyNAS OS 6, your legacy ReadyNAS is not supported.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements