× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: General Query?

NASNoob11
Aspirant

General Query?

When I manually set the Admin/PW CREDS, do these CREDS flow downward to any Shares/files I create on a Nas?
Wondering? :?
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What protocols do you use?

If you use SMB/CIFS you would have to run a command to update the samba database after changing the password manually.
Message 2 of 6
NASNoob11
Aspirant

mdgm,
If you are talking about SSH business, I am dead. I do not read, write, speak Linux. I leave this to the Nas OS/Firmware.
If/when that fails, I am screwed completely, and, consider any ReadyNas device not fit to live on my LAN.
I download RAIDIATOR when released, I install RAIDIATOR when released. Same for RAIDAR.
I use CIFS, NFS, RSYNC; and, lately I've allowed HTTP/HTTPS. I am still in training about 'Backup' via StephenB.
I get your tweak about SMB. Fine, I think I may use this also. I do NOT do/run AFP.
May be a very dense student. ReadyNas backup logic is very confusing to me still. Still waiting for it to work! :oops:
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So what do you mean by manually setting the admin/pw credentials? Can you post a screenshot?
Message 4 of 6
NASNoob11
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
So what do you mean by manually setting the admin/pw credentials? Can you post a screenshot?

mdgm,
No, I am dense to posting screenshots. What I meant was RAIDar/click nas/press Setup/login to Frontview/change the Admin PW to whatever/Apply/tell the nas to reboot/. I never change "Admin" to anything else. Does this help? :oops:
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you did that then provided the admin account has access to the shares you should be able to login and access them with the new password.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements