× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Google Chrome issue - Readynas keeps going to password recovery

mathiourose
Aspirant

Google Chrome issue - Readynas keeps going to password recovery

Hi - I suddenly have a problem accessing my admin page on my RN314 through Google chrome. When I try to access it goes straight through the user id and password screen and to password reset. I have reset the password - that didnt help. I cleared caches, deleted cookies, stored passwords etc, but the issue remains with chrome. I can access with safari. I didn't knowingly change anything in the meantime..... I do have an auto mounter but even with that off I have the issue. Help! I have not had this issue in 10 years+ using readynas (I have 3) and chrome.

Jonathan

Model: RN31443E|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 3TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Chrome updates quite frequently and users have reported the canary version working. I'd leave it and wait and see if there's an incremental update in the next couple days/week. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

did your chrome update to chrome 77? many users have been reporting issues with chrome 77 over the last 24-48 hours. I'd try using edge, firefox, or chrome canary until the issue is fixed. 

Message 2 of 4
mathiourose
Aspirant

Yes I did - thanks - I'll use safari in the meantime.... Or should I uninstall chrome and install the earlier version - if thats possible? I have a lot of bookmarks. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Chrome updates quite frequently and users have reported the canary version working. I'd leave it and wait and see if there's an incremental update in the next couple days/week. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements