× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google Drive Beta Problems

Dan0780
Tutor

Google Drive Beta Problems

So I just updated to 6.73 a couple days ago and noticed Google Drive Beta was an option for backup.  I am already syncing using rclone to google drive so this was a nice feature upgrade for me.  I enabled it but have not had much luck with it.

Whenever I backup files to Google Drive it seems to get stuck in a loop on certain files.  It uploades duplicates of the file until I stop google drive beta.  I had 8 copies of the same file with the same name in my google drive.  I was originally trying this with Amazon Drive enabled as well as Google Drive, but have since disabled Amazon and tried only Google Drive but the problem persisted.

I have tried setting up Google drive in both bidirectional syncs and upload only mode and still does the same thing.  It scans both the local disk and cloud drives correctly and only uploads new content.  But when it loads the new content it just keeps loading the same file over and over.

Would anyone be able to help?  I can pull logs if necessary.

Thanks,

Dan

EDIT:  Also, another bug I noticed is you can't add more than one session at a time and hit apply, it comes back with an error in adding google drive session everytime.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
ctechs
Apprentice

Re: Google Drive Beta Problems

Folder names with an apostrophe will also fail to sync due to an apparent syntax or character escaping problem. File names with an apostrophe do sync.

Message 2 of 5
Dan0780
Tutor

Any help on this?  I upgrade to 6.7.4 and the same problem exists.  When copying a file over to the ReadyNAS it appears to try and load the .partial file and then the full file to Google Drive but gets stuck in a loop and will just keep uploading the same 2 files over and over.  Last night it copied the same file 22 times overnight.

Message 3 of 5
Dan0780
Tutor

@mdgm-ntgr

Any direction you can point me to? I have since switched to rclone for my backups but would love to have it work automatically through the UI. 

I have tried searching the forums thoroughly but can not find much recently on google drive issues or even discussions on the beta now that it's released in public firmware. 

Thanks for for any help or direction. 

Dan

Message 4 of 5
raydekker
Aspirant

I've been trying to find a way to do this for a while now.

I've got about 800GB of data (170,000 files) I want to backup to my 1TB Gdrive on my ReadyNAS (2TB total data).

1) I've been trying to use Insync on a server-laptop to sync a network drive (on my ReadyNAS) with Google Drive, works great but... terrible upload speeds! So I stopped that. They're saying they're fixing this for years now.

2) I found that the ReadyNAS finally supports Google Drive, awesome!! but... terrible upload speeds (1-40KBytes/sec)

3) I'm running google drive from a local backup of my ReadyNAS data and syncing with Gdrive... works great with upload speeds at around 4MBytes/sec.

Ideally I let the ReadyNAS do everything but for now I just use the Google Drive program in Windows to backup from my local backup (as Google Drive is having problems with network drives somehow... can't write it's saying)

Best regards, Ray

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements