× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Having to run ./force_snapshots_upgrade on every reboot to get shares to show.

SuperNASman
Aspirant

Having to run ./force_snapshots_upgrade on every reboot to get shares to show.

Hello, I've been having a problem with my ReadyNAS Pro 2 for some time. I just updated it to 6.6.0 to see if it would fix it, but as in the past, it did not. This NAS has a single 3TB drive in it, and it is encrypted.

When I reboot the NAS, a lot of the time I would be told that the volume is inactive, but currently, when I reboot the NAS none of the shares will show unless i run a ./force_snapshots_upgrade followed by systemctl restart readynasd. I just completely deleted all of the snapshots using the webui, and it shows 0, but the issue seems to persist.

Does anyone know why I have to run ./force_snapshots_upgrade on my encrypted ReadyNAS Pro2 on every reboot to get the shares to show?

Thanks.

Model: ReadyNASRNDP2000|ReadyNAS Pro 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Having to run ./force_snapshots_upgrade on every reboot to get shares to show.

Do you still have this issue on 6.6.1 Beta?

Message 2 of 5
SuperNASman
Aspirant

I haven't tried 6.6.1. Can you provide a download link, and a link to the release notes?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SuperNASman,

Here it is: ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T207 (Beta 2)

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SuperNASman,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements