× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help NAS problem!

KarMar
Follower

Help NAS problem!

Hi,

My NAS is having some problems. I only have some music albums stored on it (FLAC files) - 30 or so, and having lost connection with the NAS I have tried, can occasionally get on it, but it bugs out after a while.

My main question is this - can I take the 4 x 500GB discs out and put them in a new NAS and recover my music? Will the new NAS try and format the discs....worried as this music is very important to me.

RAIDar shows the NAS, shows green lights on the 4 hard discs, but orange light on the system icon. I had a failed disc last year, replaced it, and it worked, but now cant get into it or transfer the music.

When its booting it  says "Booting please wait" (fast flashing on/off blue button), then "Booting" a few ACT green flashes - Checking FS with slow blue flashing on off button and occasional ACT flash - stays like that for ever.

When I boot it in other mode, I can see IP address etc but when back to normal mode same story.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Model: ReadyNASRND4450|ReadyNAS NV+ 2TB (4 X 500GB)
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Help NAS problem!

Whilst you can't simply move your disks across the process of what would be involved if you get a new unit is outlined in ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator to OS 6

The RND4450 is a NV+ v1 unit which ran RAIDiator 4.1 (sparc)

I wonder whether you might have another bad disk. The remaining 500GB disks that were originally in the system would be quite old by now. I have sent you a PM.

Welcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements