× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Hidden Folders on ReadyNAS Duo v2 Visible In Windows Exp

leahcimd1
Apprentice

Hidden Folders on ReadyNAS Duo v2 Visible In Windows Explore

Hi,

When I view one of my ReadyNAS Duo v2' in Windows Explorer, I can see the following three folders;

"admin", "c" and "home"

They show up even if I set explorer to 'NOT' show hidden folders.

This does not happen with my other Duo v2 or my RN102.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You won't see those if you don't login to the NAS as the 'admin' user.
Message 2 of 5
leahcimd1
Apprentice

They never used to show up, I'm not logging in any differently to what I have always done. It's only recently that they have appeared. I don't have user accounts or home folders (never have), as I am the only one that accesses them.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

leahcimd wrote:
They never used to show up, I'm not logging in any differently to what I have always done. It's only recently that they have appeared. I don't have user accounts or home folders (never have), as I am the only one that accesses them.
The admin home folder exists none the less (as does home itself), and "c" is the entire volume.

As mdgm says, they only show up when you are logging in with admin as the user name. Most likely you did log on that way recently, and saved the password - perhaps accidentally. Check the windows credentials manager, and see if there is a credential saved there.
Message 4 of 5
leahcimd1
Apprentice

Thanks mdgm, StephenB:

Found it under Windows Credentials, deleted it. The three folders are no longer visible.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements