× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Home folders in no way accessible, but data i

leonardchrist
Aspirant

Home folders in no way accessible, but data i

Hey community,

I have a major problem with my NAS. We have one public share and a private one for every person using the NAS. I just tried accessing my private share, but it didn't show up. I thought the problem would be my credentials or something with AFP, because I'm using a Mac. So I tried SMB and CIFS, but it didn't work.

That was odd, I was afraid they are all gone. So I tried using ssh and the admin account. On my mother laptop, it said something like "can't connect", /c/home/admin not found" and I was disconnected. I retried on my laptop and got trough. When headed to /c/home/, there was nothing inside. I used ls -la and the odd thing is, it said "total 0", but usually when using the a-argument, it shows the . and .. but not in this folder. Which seems like some kind of filesystem error or something.

I tried checking the FrontView, but that won't load up, in Safari I get the empty mask of the frontview, Chrome and Firefox (even on Windows) won't load anything. I also tried accessing my share from my aunts Windows laptop, but it didn't work as well, so somehow my shares are messed up, which messes me up 👎🏼

I lately replaced one of the drives, but the mirroring worked fine and I was able to access files afterwards. But now it's just messed up

Thanks in advance for your kind help,

I really need to fix this before anything breaks.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 2
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Home folders in no way accessible, but data i

NV+ is a 4-bay system, how many drives did you have installed and how many do you have installed now? What are the capacity details for each drive?

Which OS version is installed 4.x?

Did you for the system to default/reset?

Have you tried to ssh in as 'root' - I actually thought the admin account was not ssh enabled...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements