× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I share files using an e-mail?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

How do I share files using an e-mail?

Good day and hello everyone! I was looking over the new things that OS 6.2.2 can do and I was very impressed. One of the things that I really would love to do is share files with users sending an email link. I have looked all over the internet looking for videos or literature on how to do this and found nothing. I did find a post that shows how to do this task using Egnyte but that's it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you! 😄
Message 1 of 7
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: How do I share files using an e-mail?

Kindly read this article about ReadyCloud feature on this link and the articles that are linked to it: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -system%3F
Message 2 of 7
Nhellie
Virtuoso

I have seen such feature on readynas photos, you can share files by just sending a link to a URL. But for other files (videos, docs etc) , err. none.
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for the information on the Ready Cloud Ixa. That is one way to share but I did not see anything about sharing files with users by sending them an e-mail. I guess I'll try this. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 7
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello DJDOC,

with ReadyNAS OS 6.2 there are two ways of sharing data with other users.
  1. By the way described in the link above. This is especially useful if this data shall only be shared with certain users requiring them to open up an account with readycloud and using their credentials to download the data.

2. The second option is to share files with an email link. Anybody who obtains that link can download that specific file. The maximum number of downloads can be limited.

3. I think what you are looking for is option 2.)
    To share a file by sending an email link log on readycloud.netgear.com. This option is not available on the local admin site. Right-click on the desired file and choose “Email as Link”. In the following menu you can choose the recipient and maximum number of downloads.

Enjoy,
    Eskender
Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Awsome Eskender! That is what I was looking for! Thank you, I really appreciate it! Thanks to all the NASers that helped me in this situation. Have a wonderful week!

DJ DOC
Message 6 of 7
Nhellie
Virtuoso

This is great! thank Eskender!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements