× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How is time set for custom snapshots?

r32nj
Tutor

How is time set for custom snapshots?

I want to setup a custom snapshot schedule so I don't have to worry about pruning old snapshots.  How do you select daily or weekly option for custom snapshots?  I see the schedule section where you block out time ranges (like the power time setting for the whole box) but I don't see where you set the frequency or time for the snapshots to be taken.

Thanks

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: How is time set for custom snapshots?

@r32nj wrote:

So do you just enable one "box" on the time grid in order to get a snapshot at that time?  So each box on the grid that you enable would create a snapshot at that time?

Yes.

The manual really should state this more clearly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

I want to setup a custom snapshot schedule so I don't have to worry about pruning old snapshots.  How do you select daily or weekly option for custom snapshots?  I see the schedule section where you block out time ranges (like the power time setting for the whole box) but I don't see where you set the frequency or time for the snapshots to be taken.

If you set the schedule to enable snapshot at a set time everyday, then you get daily snapshots.  Similarly for weekly.  On my main NAS I set enable them at 11 pm daily (and I've checked "only take snapshots with changes").

Message 2 of 4
r32nj
Tutor

So do you just enable one "box" on the time grid in order to get a snapshot at that time?  So each box on the grid that you enable would create a snapshot at that time?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@r32nj wrote:

Yes.

The manual really should state this more clearly.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements