× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How long to reinstall OS on RN102

tech101
Aspirant

How long to reinstall OS on RN102

I have an RN102 that has been giving me headaches as of late under heavy NFS load. It's providing NFS shares for a ProxMox Virtualization (Hypervisor) system. Lately, when under heavy load, particularly when migrating qcow2 disk files from one NFS Share on one disk in the NAS to another NFS share on another disk in the NAS, the system locks up and becomes unresponsive to anything but pings. Web UI is non-responsive and the NFS shares drop off the network (Proxmox no longer sees them).

To try and solve this, I did an OS Reinstall per the documentation. Started the reinstall around 8pm one evening and at 7:30am the following morning, the power LED on the NAS was still flashing as if the OS reinstall was still in progress.

Not sure what to do next with this. Do I leave it and hope it finally completes? 

I'm not in front of the NAS now, so I don't recall the specific model, just that it's a 100 series RN102. It is on the latest production firmware available from Netgear.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How long to reinstall OS on RN102

An OS Re-install should take just minutes to complete. It's not a miracle cure for any and every problem.

Message 2 of 3
tech101
Aspirant

Re: How long to reinstall OS on RN102

Ok. Thanks. Seems perhaps I had a HD failure or something else on my hands. Drive in the first slot is a fairly new SSHD (SSH and HD Hybrid Drive). I assume this is where the OS is installed?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements