× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Access to /etc/ ? RN104 6.2.4

tjuanma
Guide

How to Access to /etc/ ? RN104 6.2.4

Hi everyone...i'm having serveral problems with my nas to make it work with Transimission.
Searching for solving problems i've seen that i can access to /apps/ or /etc/ to check some files but i'm not able to do that.

My nas ip is 192.168.1.100

I've enabled ftp access and ssh on NAS:

I'm on MacOS and when I try to access by Terminal to NAS by SSh I receive the following message:

Mac-mini-de-Juan:~ JuanMa$ ssh admin@192.168.1.100
admin@192.168.1.100's password:

Welcome to ReadyNASOS 6.2.4

Last login: Mon Jul 6 11:33:54 2015 from 192.168.1.38
Connection to 192.168.1.100 closed.

So,nothing happens.

What can I do? It's so frustrated.....thanks!
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to Access to /etc/ ? RN104 6.2.4

The SSH user is root not admin.
Message 2 of 9
tjuanma
Guide

mdgm wrote:
The SSH user is root not admin.

Good! It worked.

However...still having same problem on NAS.....i'm considering the option to do a Factory reset on nas....

I have 3x2TB hard disk on my NAS....if a remove 2 of them and leave 1 (that could be erased without problems)...if I do a factory reset and after that i put again the other 2 disk...the infomation will be ok on that 2 disk?

I don't want to loose all my data.
Message 3 of 9
RX
Luminary
Luminary

tjuanma wrote:
I have 3x2TB hard disk on my NAS....if a remove 2 of them and leave 1 (that could be erased without problems)...if I do a factory reset and after that i put again the other 2 disk...the infomation will be ok on that 2 disk?

If you will re-insert the other 2 disks, the data that it contains will be all wiped out because it will undergo a resync process.
Message 4 of 9
tjuanma
Guide

Ixa wrote:
tjuanma wrote:

If you will re-insert the other 2 disks, the data that it contains will be all wiped out because it will undergo a resync process.

Even if i have all my disk without raid?

I've them in JBOD.
Message 5 of 9
RX
Luminary
Luminary

tjuanma wrote:
Ixa wrote:
tjuanma wrote:

I've them in JBOD.

For example you have already factory reset your NAS with one disk inside that is already on JBOD and let say XRAID is turned off... the moment you insert the other 2 drives that has data in it one-at-a-time, the NAS will not accept it and you will need to format the other 2 drives. Otherwise, if ever the other 2 drives has no data in it, then you will have the option to add parity.

It would be best to back up of all of your data before anything else. 🙂
Message 6 of 9
tjuanma
Guide

Ixa wrote:
tjuanma wrote:
Ixa wrote:
tjuanma wrote:

I've them in JBOD.

For example you have already factory reset your NAS with one disk inside that is already on JBOD and let say XRAID is turned off... the moment you insert the other 2 drives that has data in it one-at-a-time, the NAS will not accept it and you will need to format the other 2 drives. Otherwise, if ever the other 2 drives has no data in it, then you will have the option to add parity.

It would be best to back up of all of your data before anything else. 🙂

What a problem!!
There is any other option to set to default all users/groups/permissions and configurations of the nas without loose data?

Thanks again!
Message 7 of 9
RX
Luminary
Luminary

tjuanma wrote:
There is any other option to set to default all users/groups/permissions and configurations of the nas without loose data?

I'm afraid that once you reset the NAS to factory defaults, everything will be all wiped out and you will need to set it up from scratch.
Message 8 of 9
tjuanma
Guide

I can CONFIRM that i've made a factory reset witout lost anything...

Doing that:

3x2TB HD (from now i'll refer to they like HD1, HD2 and HD3).

The HD1 haven't any importat information.
HD2 Only Series
HD3 Only Videos.

Removed HD2 and 3.

Started NAS with HD1 and made a Factory Reset. All data in HD1 wiped out.
Reconfigured the "new" NAS only with HD1 inside. (by default the disk is formatted an putted in XRAID-2).
PowerOff NAS and put in HD2 (now inside HD1 and 2). Format HD1 in JBOD and PowerOff NAS again.
Remove HD2 and boot only with HD1 inside.
After cheked that everithing is OK, power off again and install all 3HDs.

Now i've all the 3HDs without lost anything 😉
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements