× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Enable Secure Signature on ReadyNAS 626X

Liongate
Follower

How to Enable Secure Signature on ReadyNAS 626X

I am trying to back up to an SMB share on my ReadyNAS 626X (there was no choice to select this model above) and keep receiving errors. Sometimes I get a good backup, sometimes not. The backup software provider, Altaro, suggested this KB article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2686098/system-error-2148073478-extended-error-or-invalid-s...

This implies I need to get an update from Netgear allowing secure signing. How do I get this update and/or how do I enable secure signing on my ReadyNAS?

Model: RN51664E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x4TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to Enable Secure Signature on ReadyNAS 626X

@Liongate wrote:

(there was no choice to select this model above)

Of course there is, I selected it on my reply.  I agree the model list is near-impossible to navigate, but entering the wrong model creates confusion and in some cases it will result in getting the wrong advice.

@Liongate wrote:

This implies I need to get an update from Netgear allowing secure signing. 

I'm not seeing that.  That article is aimed at SMB 2.x servers, and your NAS is using SMB 3.x.

Check the setting for SMB3 transport encryption on the NAS.  It can be set to "Enabled", "Desired", or "Required".  

It can be set globally in system->settings->services->SMB.  Or share-by-share in the share settings (share settings wheel->network access->SMB->advanced)

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements