× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to TOTALLY lock out ordinary domain users??

How to TOTALLY lock out ordinary domain users??

Have set the NG Nas Duo 2 for domain security.

I am able to configure existing shares by applying file permissions as domain admin.

However, any time a 'regular domain user' browses to the NAS, they automatically get a 'home' folder created for them, and they can do whatever they wish with it!

How can I configure things to block this behavior??

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
siigna
NETGEAR Expert

I assume you're talking about the ReadyNAS Duo v2 (running 5.x firmware) rather than the original Duo (running 4.x).

Unfortunately user home folders cannot be disabled via the GUI on the NV+/Duo v2.

Home folders can be disabled in the back-end via SSH (from a previous thread by mdgm😞

1. Edit the "/etc/default/services" file, changing "USER_HOME_DIRECTORY=1" to "USER_HOME_DIRECTORY=0"
  2. Update the configuration in the readynasd database:
    sqlite3 /var/readynasd/db.sq3 "UPDATE service_misc SET val='0' WHERE key='USER_HOME_DIRECTORY'"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
siigna
NETGEAR Expert

I assume you're talking about the ReadyNAS Duo v2 (running 5.x firmware) rather than the original Duo (running 4.x).

Unfortunately user home folders cannot be disabled via the GUI on the NV+/Duo v2.

Home folders can be disabled in the back-end via SSH (from a previous thread by mdgm😞

1. Edit the "/etc/default/services" file, changing "USER_HOME_DIRECTORY=1" to "USER_HOME_DIRECTORY=0"
  2. Update the configuration in the readynasd database:
    sqlite3 /var/readynasd/db.sq3 "UPDATE service_misc SET val='0' WHERE key='USER_HOME_DIRECTORY'"
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, that's what is needed. If you are not comfortable with using SSH I can help with making the change.

Message 3 of 4

Worked like a CHARM!  Thank You Very Much 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements