× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to backup hidden home directory on Duo V2

rymiller
Aspirant

How to backup hidden home directory on Duo V2

Since the replication service is going away we all need to figure out how to backup.  My problem is backing up a Duo V2 on Radiator 5 to an OS6 NAS.  Today with ReadyNas Replicate it works great.  There's a nice guide on how to do this with Rsync (found below) however, on the Duo V2, the home directories are hidden and therefore not exposed as shares to be backed up.  The guide below does not address this.

Anyone else able to backup the home directories from a Radiator 5 to OS6?

https://kb.netgear.com/29733/How-do-I-back-up-data-from-a-RAIDiator-5-system-to-a-ReadyNAS-OS-6-syst...

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to backup hidden home directory on Duo V2

You could try using SMB as the source using the admin credentials and put homes (or home, I forget which) in the path field (it'll be the same as what shows when you login to the NAS from your PC via SMB).

The Duo v2 is an old NAS. It may be advisable to get a second OS6 NAS Storage device and using that going forward.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to backup hidden home directory on Duo V2

You might also consider if you really need the home shares.  You could replace them with ordinary shares (with appropriate access controls).

Note that you wouldn't be able to match the share names with the user account though (the NAS won't allow you do to do that).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements