× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to contact Netgear to get new NV+ PSU?

iwolf
Aspirant

How to contact Netgear to get new NV+ PSU?

Hello all,

Can someone please tell me how to speak to a person at Netgear without buying a support contract?

The PSU on my ReadyNAS NV+ v1 (model ReadyNASRND4000; s/n 000D-A201-xxxx) just died.  A coworker very recently received a replacement PSU from Netgear for his NV+, but alas, he's on vacation and I don't know how he contacted them.  He didn't say anything about having to buy a support contract.

I'd prefer try the Netgear route before spending $100 on a new PSU from the UK (which I just might do if I have to sink anymore time into this effort.)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ira

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: How to contact Netgear to get new NV+ PSU?

I double-checked your Serial Number based on your registered products and your ReadyNAS does not fall within the PSU recall, but if you PM me your shipping address, I can see what I can send you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You might be covered by the service action here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29870/~/service-action-to-prevent-psu-failures-in-read...

If so, they should replace the PSU without charge.  You could try insisting on that up front, and see if that avoids the charge.

When my NV+ PSU died I used the email support option from my.netgear.com.  I think you can do that too, though you will get a warning that the Netgear thinks the product is out-of-warranty.  Include a link to the service action in your support request.

Message 2 of 11
iwolf
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick reply.  I still couldn't get a support email address or form from any netgear website without purchasing a support contract, so I sent the request to sales@netgear.com.

Ira

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello iwolf,

The serial number you have provided is very old and you must be referring the previous PSU problem on ReadyNAS NV+ v1 units. The problem here is support, from what I've heard, already ran out of replacement PSU because this unit joined discontinued products long long time ago.

It appears you are have registered the unit based on your records. I'll check if I can contact one of the support people to see.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

The problem here is support, from what I've heard, already ran out of replacement PSU because this unit joined discontinued products long long time ago.

This might depend on your location.  My NV+ PSU was replaced about 15 months ago (fortunately for me it failed right before the warranty expired).

Message 5 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

@iwolf wrote:

I'd prefer try the Netgear route before spending $100 on a new PSU from the UK (which I just might do if I have to sink anymore time into this effort.)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ira

Do a search on "legacy power supply" and you will find an article by me on modifying a Flex ATX supply (available for about $35) to work in a legacy 4-bay unit.  I suspect that is all the folks selling the $100 supply are doing.

Message 6 of 11
iwolf
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

Could you please tell me if you had any luck contacting a Netgear support person for this issue?  I've received no reply from my email to sales@netgear.com.  With respect to PSU availability, my co-worker received one from Netgear a few weeks ago.

Thank you,

Ira

Message 7 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello iwolf,

I will try to get someone now to check if you can get a replacement from them.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

I double-checked your Serial Number based on your registered products and your ReadyNAS does not fall within the PSU recall, but if you PM me your shipping address, I can see what I can send you.

Message 9 of 11
iwolf
Aspirant

Hello all,

I received the new PSU from Netgear a couple of weeks ago (Big thanks to their support team!!!), and was finally able to install it this weekend.  A corner of the back plate was a bit bent, but I was able to straighten it out sufficiently with a pair of pliers.  I followed the install instructions online, booted it up, and it was up and running after an overnight FS check.  Yea!!!

It took me a few attempts to recall my FrontView and TimeMachine login info, but it all came back to me.  My NV+ (v1) is about 8 years old.  It's TimeMachine write speed seems to be about 10Mbps over GE in comparison to about 15Mbps for a one year old WD Passport over USB3.  Still, it works well again!

Thank you!

Ira

Message 10 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi iwolf,

I'm glad to know that the NETGEAR Support team has helped you with your concern about the PSU for your ReadyNAS NV+.  🙂

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements