× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to determine original drive order?

brettgavin
Tutor

How to determine original drive order?

Hi,

I have a Pro4. The drives were removed to be transferred to a Pro6. THe person who removed them to give them to me didn't record the original order. I put the drives back in the 4 and booted it up. No dice. switched the order around a couple times without any luck. Does anyone know how I can determine the original order without (1) losing my data, and (2) without swapping drives around 24 times?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Re: How to determine original drive order?

Explain 'no dice'. Does it just sit at 'Booting...' on the LCD screen?

If the array was healthy when it left the old host, it should boot fine, no matter the order.

Booting it in Tech Support mode, support agents can quickly check what the original boot order was.
Message 2 of 6
brettgavin
Tutor

Sorry, that was pretty vague.

I meant, it boots, but in Frontview, not much works. Volume Settings... .... ..... nevermind.

As I was writing this, I realized I'm on windows 8 and have IE 10. Everything works fine in FF. The shares weren't available immediately when I booted it up yesterday, but they are here this morning! 🙂

Sorry to be a nuisance with a browser issue...

Have a good one!
Message 3 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

Glad to hear its back. Yes, a pain it doesn't work across browsers properly, evil JavaScript thats too specific.
Message 4 of 6
Marto731
Aspirant

Disk move--Pro4 to Pro6

Brett,
Can you answer my curiousity.? Were you successfully able to move 4 disks from a Pro4
to a Pro 6, and still access data?
We don't know if both chassis were on the same f/ware.

Thanks Marto.
Message 5 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

His post says successful on the migration, apart from browser incompatibilities?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements