× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to do an OS reinstall reboot on readynas 204 v6xx

Bangali
Aspirant

How to do an OS reinstall reboot on readynas 204 v6xx

Hi all,
Apologies if I'm asking dumb questions! So far for the most part, I'm very happy with my readynas204. I need to do an update to the plex media server but forgot my username and password, and my recovery isn't working. I read somewhere that I can do an OS reinstall reboot without affectingday data. I just need to know how as I couldn't find any instructions.

Thanks in advance,
Atik
Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to do an OS reinstall reboot on readynas 204 v6xx

@Sandshark wrote:

Google is your friend, but here it is: How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-104-204-214-or-314.

This is also in your NAS hardware manual.  You'll find your NAS documentation here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RN204.aspx#docs

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Google is your friend, but here it is: How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-104-204-214-or-314.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

This is also in your NAS hardware manual.  You'll find your NAS documentation here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RN204.aspx#docs

Message 3 of 4
Bangali
Aspirant

Thank you very much! I tried that page before but I couldn't find the right documents - maybe as I was using mobile. All done now, much appreciated!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements