× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to retrieve deleted files from ReadyNAS 214

Jaydude13
Aspirant

How to retrieve deleted files from ReadyNAS 214

Hi and thanks in advance. Like a fool, I accidentally deleted about 300GB's worth of data thinking it was duplicated, from my ReadyNAS 214. I do not have snapshots turned on, and as far as I can tell, there is no recycle bin option anywhere that I can see. I am not holding my breath for a positive outcome on this, but any help will be greatly appreciated. I normally have this backing up to my old faithful NV+ but this has now died and and I have replaced it with a 204 box. However when setting up my backups from one to the other, I strangely ran out of space on my 214 and thought I was duplicating files somehow, but when I went to delete them, I had noticed that these were actually the original files.  I do still have my old NV+ and am able to power it up, but this will only have a fraction of the data I would like to get back. Please help.

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: How to retrieve deleted files from ReadyNAS 214

If you are comfortable with the Linux command line, see this: https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Restore .  The volume has to be unmounted, so you'll have to do all the work from the support mode.

Message 2 of 4
Jaydude13
Aspirant

Hi SandShark, thanks for your prompt reply. No I am not 100% comfortable with linux, but I can give it a go should I need to. Would this be something I could run using something like putty to terminal into the NAS box?

I will try my old NAS first to retrieve my data, if its not there, then I will give this a go after. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Do you have snapshots enabled for the share(s) that held the files you deleted?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements