× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to show thumbnails on ACRyan PlayonHD Mini 2?

Gaijin66
Aspirant

How to show thumbnails on ACRyan PlayonHD Mini 2?

Hello everyone,

I have a ReadyNAS 102 with 1 WD harddisk 2TB. This is updated to ReadyNAS OS 6.2.4. It has a wired connected to my router with a static ip. I also have an acryan playonhd mini 2 mediaplayer also wired connected to the same router with a dynamic ip. I have a share videos and some other shares. I run Plex as a media server. In Plex i can see the movie posters. I also want to see these posters on my playonhd. I now see the folder icons, which are all the same. How can I achieve this. Should I run a different UPnP Server and wich one? Hope that anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
TonV
Aspirant

Re: How to show thumbnails on ACRyan PlayonHD Mini 2?

Seems more like a question for the PlayOn forum (if it still exists). I assume you access your RN102 using Samba, so all functionality regarding the display of images is up to your PlayOn...
Does it show the posters when you insert a USB stick in the PlayOn? If not then is has nothing to do with the RN102 but then it is a limitation of the PlayOn...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I agree it is mostly a PlayOn question (and that getting cover art likely requires CIFS/SMB/NFS access and not DLNA/UPnP).

Usually there's a default naming convention for cover art that is used to override dynamic cover-art searches. I don't know what convention PlayON uses though, and it is apparently different from Plex (which uses poster.jpg).
Message 3 of 4
Gaijin66
Aspirant

I will try a USB stick and if necessary contact Playon HD forum. Thank you for your answers anyway.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements