× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to stop readynas duo v2 from automatic update?

tigerten
Luminary

How to stop readynas duo v2 from automatic update?

For some reason, I would like to keep my readynas at 5.3.5. However, everytime I do a factory reset, the newest OS will be installed (5.3.13). Is there a way I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks
Model: RND2110v2|READYNAS DUO v2 (1TB: 1 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm
Virtuoso

The Duo v2 and NV+ v2 check for updates from update.readynas.com when a factory reset is done and automatically update the firmware if it is out of date.

One option is to block this website if your network router/firewall supports doing so. This will also block remote updates from the GUI.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tigerten

Welcome to the Community!

Updating to 5.3.13 would be best IMO, but if you want to stay to that FW version it should prompt you that an update is available and should not update automatically. It might be possible that you are agreeing with the update or your ReadyNAS is connected to the Internet at the time of Factory reset and prompts that an update will be done. You may want to disconnect it first to your Network when setting it up.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 3
mdgm
Virtuoso

The Duo v2 and NV+ v2 check for updates from update.readynas.com when a factory reset is done and automatically update the firmware if it is out of date.

One option is to block this website if your network router/firewall supports doing so. This will also block remote updates from the GUI.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements