× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to submit warranty replacement request outside of 90 days?

digitaldentistr
Aspirant

How to submit warranty replacement request outside of 90 days?

Got a ReadyNAS Pro2 that's under initial 5 year til 2016 and I'm getting "V+12 power is out of normal range" constantly, looks like the unit needs to be replaced.  How can I open a case with Netgear? I logged into my account and don't see a link to submit one, there is only one for Hard disk RMA.

Also, what's the process? how long does it take for me to get the unit back? do they send one prior to shipping mine?

We use the unit for live data storage so need to figure out a replacement plan

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to submit warranty replacement request outside of 90 days?

For RMA of e.g. the chassis you would open an ordinary support case.

If an RMA is approved you can choose to purchase Advanced Shipping of the replacement unit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For RMA of e.g. the chassis you would open an ordinary support case.

If an RMA is approved you can choose to purchase Advanced Shipping of the replacement unit.

Message 2 of 3
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

If the equipment is determined to be defective through hardware troubleshooting, then they can process an RMA. There are 3 different types of shipping you can receive for a chassis: standard swap, ground shipping, or next business day. You'll basically shut down your chassis and swap the drives and restart the chassis and continue from where you left off. 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1113/~/warranty-return-policy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements