× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to to take Backup of ReadyNAS using Backup Exec 2014 installed in Windows 2008 server

mkmuneer242
Aspirant

How to to take Backup of ReadyNAS using Backup Exec 2014 installed in Windows 2008 server

I want to backup my shared files stored in ReadyNAS 2120 using my Backup Exec 2014 software installed in Windows 2008 server.

Kindly tell me what steps I have to follow...Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
mkmuneer242
Aspirant

Re: How to to take Backup of ReadyNAS using Backup Exec 2014 installed in Windows 2008 server

Dear Netgear.. Give a solution.

Message 2 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mkmuneer242,

Welcome to the community!

Backup Exec is third party backup software, configuration should be on the software not on the ReadyNAS admin page.  

You may want to read article Using Symantec Backup Exec with the ReadyNAS so you will have an idea. If you need more info about configuration on the backup software, it is best you contact tech support team of that software.

This is a forum community where people who have the same product share ideas and give suggestions, maybe others who are using this backup software can help too.

Make sure the share on the NAS that you want to backup has no permission too.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
mkmuneer242
Aspirant

My current suituation is:

I have Netgear ReadyNAS ( IP: 10.0.1.31)

There is a Shared Folder in this ReadyNAS. All my office users are Mapped this Shared drive in their PCs.

I have a BACKUP EXEC 2014 server installed in Windows 2008 server (IP: 10.0.1.10)

I want to take backup of my Shared data's (it is in the ReadyNAS) Using BACKUP EXEC SEVER

My Question is:

Do I need any additional licenses for BACKUP EXEC server to take Backup from ReadyNAS?

OR

Is ther any Plugins / available options in ReadyNAS to integrate with BACKUP EXEC.

OR

If anybody knows this please share their experience.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements