× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

afarensis
Guide

I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

I cannot connect with Chrome to the Netgear NAS type RN10200 interface, with the URL https://192.168.178.27/admin. There is (for minutes) no response. Also not without the word 'admin'

If I try it with Edge, then I become the message: ‘Site not secure’. When I click 'continue to webpage (not recommended)’. then I can login.

But why? I've had this hassle for years. Can't that just be repaired so I can normally login with Chrome (the world's best browser)?

Kind regards, Geoge (from Holland0

Excuse my bad Englisch

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
afarensis
Guide

Re: I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comment. After a while testing I discovered that it was not the extension of an adware-blocker (that I also have), but the extension of 'VPN-Goose '. If I turn it off then it’s working fine.

Once again thank you very much for your tip,

Kind Regards, George

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Well, I use chrome all the time to log into my NAS, and I am not seeing this delay.

Have you installed any Chrome extensions or plug-ins?  For instance an ad blocker?

Message 2 of 4
afarensis
Guide

Hello,

Thank you very much for your comment. After a while testing I discovered that it was not the extension of an adware-blocker (that I also have), but the extension of 'VPN-Goose '. If I turn it off then it’s working fine.

Once again thank you very much for your tip,

Kind Regards, George

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@afarensis wrote:

After a while testing I discovered that it was not the extension of an adware-blocker (that I also have), but the extension of 'VPN-Goose '. If I turn it off then it’s working fine.

Thx for sharing this, it will likely help other folks here.

I'm glad I was able to steer you in the right direction.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements